Calling all youth artists! Share your artwork with fair participants this year!
1) Design an image for this year’s fair reflecting the theme, “Upset the Setup!” The chosen artist will receive an award of $150. Image should work as one-color design (for t-shirts) but can be submitted as a multi-color artwork. Deadline to submit is September 16th.
2) Share your artwork at this year’s fair! We will be holding space for any and all youth artists to display and/or offer artwork for sale. Artist’s will keep 100% of anything sold. If interest is there, we may organize a pre-fair exhibition at a local venue to display artwork for a longer time period. Any and all mediums are welcome and we will do our best to accommodate.
To submit to artwork for the contest or for exhibition please send us a digital copy of your work at email@example.com.
- One-Time Volunteer: Put in a few hours during the Fair or at pre-or post-fair events.
- Committee Volunteer: Work with a small team to bottom-line a core aspect of the Fair’s work. For example–logistics work (securing food donations) or contributing to growing one of the following tracks (Tracks are organized by groups of folks who recruit workshops and make space at the fair that center particular issues.) The following are tracks that folks are already working on this year:
- Youth Activists Summit (aka Youth Track)
- Parents and Families Track
- In-School Organizing Track
- Adult Basic Education/Adult Learner Track (new!)
- Early Childhood Caregivers and Educators Track (new!)
- Ethnic Studies (new!)
- And? If you feel passionately about organizing a track at the fair, contact us!
- Big Picture Volunteer: Attend regular meetings (bi-weekly) with the Organizing Team to ensure all parts of the Fair are accounted for and successful.