Hi everyone! We’re excited to welcome you all to the Fair on Thursday! We’re going to start bright and early at 8 AM! You can see the full schedule and map on our website, along with descriptions of all workshops. You’re welcome to bring your radical energies to the fair for even part of the day.
Getting to the Fair
Link for directions from the SMM website
By Public Transit:
It’s a 0.4 mile walk from the Green Line’s Central Station to the Museum. There are also many nearby bus stops including the 21, 54, 63, 74 and more.
You can find free street parking off of Spring Street (link here with map).
There is pay parking in the Science Museum lot, accessible from Eagle Parkway: starting at $8 for an hour up to $12 for the day. We will have a limited number of vouchers available for people with disabilities, carpools and drivers with children. We encourage you to use the Facebook event page to find carpools!
There are bike racks next to the museum and it is accessible by trail!
Dear Twin Cities Social Justice in Education Community,
is open for the 8th Annual Social Justice Education Fair! The theme this year is “We’re Fed Up! Bite the Hands that Feed Us: Resisting the Menu of Schooling”
. We are also happy to announce a new location for the fair…. the Science Museum of Minnesota
! The Ed Fair planning committee would like to give a HUGE thank you to folks from the Kitty Andersen Youth Science Center (KAYSC) for keeping the Ed Fair going by opening up their space. We are very excited about our new location, and the opportunity to continue expanding the Ed Fair community. Please spread the registration to all your networks. The fair is taking place Thursday October 18th from 8-4pm. It will feature a keynote with Appetite for Change
and Ricardo Levins Morales
. We have over 30 amazing workshops
that you can attend through the day, and lots of opportunities to connect across institutions and struggles!
Other things to consider:
- We still need volunteers! It takes many hands the day before and of the fair to make it happen. You can sign up to volunteer when you register.
- If your organization would like to table at the fair, its not too late. Click here for more info!
- Though the fair is entirely organized by volunteers, we need money to pay for food, childcare, interpretation, printing, and other fair expenses. Please if you can, donate when you register. The fair asks a suggested donation of $0-$40, which can be paid online or day of.
- If your organization would like to donate to the Fair and show up in the program please contact us at email@example.com.
- Parking in downtown St Paul may be challenging. More information will be coming soon about parking logistics. We encourage people to take the green line and get off at Central station.
- The science museum is offering free tickets to all fair attendees.
- Please register ASAP so we can get accurate numbers for food.
The Social Justice Education Fair Planning Committee